Thanks for using Beecoo. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you use Beecoo. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We never sell lists or email addresses.
We’ll start by getting a few definitions out of the way that should help you understand this policy. When we say “we,” “us,” and “Beecoo,” we’re referring to Beecoo Marketing Pty Ltd, of (address). When we say “you” or “Member,” we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the Services.
We provide online platforms and iBeacons that you may use to create, send, and manage proximity marketing messages (“Cards”), which combined together form our “Services”. We offer the Services on our websites www.hp-marketing.com.au (the “Website”). In the course of providing the Services, we may collect Personal Information, which means information about a Member.
- Effective Date
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information you’ve submitted on the Website, please use our contact form to get in touch.
- Information We Collect
- List and Email Information: When you add a message (or “Card”) to be assigned to a beacon using the Services, we have access to the data on your beacon and the information on your Cards.
- Information from your Use of the Service: We may get information about how and when you use the Services. This information may include your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions taken by you within the application.
- Cookies: When you register to use Beecoo, we store “cookies,” which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you visit our Website, when you use the Services, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information. You may turn off cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser, but if you block our cookies, it may be more difficult (and maybe even impossible) to use the Services. When you play one of the videos on the Websites, the Flash player may use local shared objects, which are also called Flash cookies. We don’t use these Flash cookies for anything, but we can’t stop the player from dropping them. Cookie management tools from your browser won’t remove Flash cookies, but here’s how to manage privacy settings for them. (link to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html)
- Web Beacons: When you send messages to registered Beecoo customers, we’ll sometimes track who responded to the messages. We do that to measure the performance of our Services and to improve our features for specific segments of customers. The technology we use to do this allows us to collect information about when recipients open the message, all users (you and message recipients’) IP address, their browser or email client type, and other similar details. We use this data to create analytic reports you see about who has interacted with the cards.
- Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use of our Services. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit our Website and don’t sign up for any of the Services, we may send you an email asking whether you want to sign up. And if you use any of our Services, and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email telling you about it.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about the steps we take to safeguard that data, see Section 7 below.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas. Occasionally, we have to disclose information about our customers to meet legal requirements. Third-party disputes are a common example: If two parties have a dispute, and one of them used Beecoo in a way that’s relevant to the dispute, then we might get a request for user data.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the Services we offer. This includes adding features that compare Members’ Proximity Marketing Campaigns, or using data to suggest other publishers your subscribers may be interested in.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or “opt in”) to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- Public Information and Third Parties
- Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you’d like it to be removed, contact us. If we’re not able to remove your information, we’ll let you know why.
- Social Media Widgets. Our Websites include social media features, like the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Service Providers. If it is necessary to provide you a service you’ve requested, like enable a feature like Social Profiles, then we may provide your personal information to a service provider. We will restrict any service provider’s use of your personal information. We will tell you whenever reasonably possible and you may request at any time the name of our service providers.
- Content of Cards and Proximity Marketing Campaigns
When you send proximity marketing messages, it enters the public domain. The public will be able to read what you send. Our Service wasn’t built for confidential information. If you have something confidential to send, please don’t use Beecoo.
- Your Content
Your Content is stored on a secure Beecoo server. We don’t, under any circumstances, sell your content, steal or re-use your content, or share your content with any other party, unless it’s required by law. If someone contacts us about your content, we may then contact that person. Only authorized employees have access to view Content. You may export (download) your content from Beecoo at any time, as long as we have a copy.
We’ll use and disclose the information in your Content only for the reasons listed under Use of Your Personal Information, except the following. (In other words, we will not use and disclose the information in your Content to):
- bill or collect money owed to us;
- send you system alert messages;
- communicate with you about your account; or
- send you informational and promotional content.
- Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody’s safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or people on your Content, then Beecoo will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
- Safeguarding Your Information
To protect your information, our credit card processing vendor uses the latest 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for secure transactions. Our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives, like the Visa Cardholder Information Security and Compliance (CISP), MasterCard® (SDP), and Discovery Information Security and Compliance (DISC).
Beecoo accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your Content may be sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we can’t see your passwords. We can’t resend forgotten passwords either. We’ll only reset them.
- Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do that. If your data changes (like a new email address), then you’re responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We only store data about you for as long as it’s reasonably required to fulfill the purposes that gave us the right to access it in the first place. We keep some data indefinitely, relating to Cards that were created, the analytics behind them, and similar information, because we use it to help develop our Services, and for other reasons explained in this policy.
We’ll give you access to any Personal Information about you that we hold within 30 days of any request for that information you make by contacting us here. Unless it’s prohibited by law, we’ll remove any Personal Information about you from our servers at your request.
Updated May 10, 2016